Come show your support & inspire students!
SWC and its partners developed the Mini Seek a Skill Interactive Careers Expo, as a means of addressing the skills and jobs shortages across Western Sydney and inspiring young people to consider and explore career pathways by connecting with people already in the field or have the resources to help them.
Mini Seek A Skill Project Journey:
Session 1 – Orientation Day
Session 2 – Skills for Success Masterclass
Session 3 – Mini Seek A Skill Expo Event (see 9news video)
Session 4 – Showcase Day
Session 5 – Aspirational Future Links Tour
Project outcomes & student key learnings:
- Lifting future aspirations of students
- Understanding & building employability skills (transferrable skills) required for employment and developing these skills to transfer jobs across industry sectors
- Exploring career & education pathways and high school subjects to meaningful employment
- Discovering and ‘trying’ careers from various industries *students are NOT told what job to choose and are encouraged to try out different job opportunities to pick what is suitable for them
- Creating mini projects from interactive stalls including multiple resource booklets to take home