Empowering Female Ambition+ PLUS Masterclass is a 12-month online and in-person careers exploration program that prepares young females to become work ready by guiding their pathway between school, tertiary education and employment.
In partnership with South West connect, The Airports & Aviation team from Flightdeck Group’s Empowering & Enabling Women of Western Sydney Program joined Ambition+ PLUS to improve outcomes for Western Sydney women by increasing women’s participation in the paid workforce within the broader Aviation sector. This will be achieved by creating awareness of Airport & Aviation career choices that will be available and by addressing the perceived gender and culture barriers within the aviation industry. The aim of the program is to ensure women have the awareness, skills and confidence to share in the prosperity of the local job opportunities in the future.
Ambition+ PLUS topics and benefits for young women include:
- Employability Skills – understand and build transferrable skills required to be employed
- Career Exploration – explore career and educational pathways through videos, podcasts and activities
- Resume Design & Writing – access to the Online Resume Builder to produce resume templates
- Job Searching – learn various job search & networking strategies to stand out
- Interview Skills – learn how to ace an interview with the provided Ambition+ booklet
- Work Readiness – gain skills on how to prepare for work & access to an online Virtual Work Experience
Empowering & Enabling Women of Western Sydney Program
- Aviation Career Awareness
- Mapping Your Career
- Job Application tips
- Interview & Job Preparation Skills
- CV Writing