This event has been postponed until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Thinking about how to stand out during job searching? How will you succeed once you start your first job?
Get one step closer to your ambition, join Ambition+ PLUS.
Suitable for young people starting part / full time work, work experience, and work placements.
Successful applicants receive free 12 months online Expert Support with thecareersdepartment.com AND Expert Advice (in-person) on:
Job Search Strategies
- Discover strategies to stand out in your job search & how to utilise: LinkedIn, Seek, Indeed, and many more
- Develop skills on how to create job opportunities by expanding your network with others online / in-person
Success in the Workplace
- Gain skills on how to prepare for your first part / full time job, work experience, or work placement
- Identify common mistakes in the workplace and how to avoid them
- Learn how to impress employers and be a valuable team member
- Expand your knowledge and test yourself on how prepared you are for your first day at work with an epic Kahoot Quiz
- Many PRIZES to be won
Limited in-person spots available
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Free Parking – McBurney Road, Railway Parade, Park Road, Cabra-Vale Diggers Club Carpark, PCYC Carpark
Paid Parking – Fisher Street Multi Level Parking Lot, Dutton Lane Car Park, Arthur Street Carpark
Public Transport – Cabramatta train station and buses
How do I get access to the 12 month online expert career support?
After registering, you will be notified via email and provided a 12 month access code and instructions to login ‘thecareersdepartment.com’.
PLEASE NOTE: you must attend the Ambition+ PLUS session to obtain important information about using the online resources and accessing the expert advice.
How do I know if I am eligible for the live in-person event at the Whitlam Library Cabramatta?
If you are successful for the in person event, you will be sent a separate email/SMS prior. Please arrive by 11:30am for a 12pm start (Live in-person session on 04.05.21)
A show bag containing helpful resources, refreshments and career experts will be available between 12-3pm, so don’t miss out!
Why is Ambition+ PLUS free? What’s the catch?
Ambition Plus is made possible through Fairfield City Open Libraries’ partnership with South West Connect and SWC’s Future Links Future Ready initiative funded by ClubGRANTS (Cabra-vale Diggers Club and the Mounties Group).
How can I contact the organiser with questions not covered above?
If you still have a question that wasn’t covered in the FAQs section above, please contact South West Connect by:
Phone: 9822 9370 (select option 2 for the Youth Collective Impact Team)