Volunteers are an essential part of our organisation adding to the diversity and impact of our programs. Your past experience, knowledge and passion are valuable and can benefit the youth in our community.
There will be opportunities for you to volunteer across a variety of programs, workshops and seminars delivered by SWC ranging from targeted groups of 10 participants through to large scale events for up to 1,500 people.
Benefits of volunteering with South West Connect:
- Inspire, educate, enlighten and provide a better future for youth in our community
- Empower students and young people by sharing your knowledge, skills and experience at events and workshops
- Make a difference in the lives of young disadvantaged students in South Western Sydney
- Develop your skills working and interacting with youth to take into further or future employment
- Strengthen your opportunity for future employment in the social work or education industries
- Enjoy a sense of achievement and fulfilment
- Develop personally and boost self esteem
- Enjoy better physical and mental health
- Connect to and better understand your community
- Meet new people and make new friends and broaden your network
- We recognise the valuable contribution of our volunteers at our annual “Thank You Evening” including a certificate, token gift, a nice meal and celebrating with other volunteers.
Opportunities for volunteering will be listed in this section, alternatively, please contact us to express your interest in a volunteer role.